July 20, 2012

Medication frustration - and at such a time as this.  My father died unexpectedly while I was in Germany.  I flew straight to my mom's house in California for the services instead of home to Virginia.  When it occurred to me that I would run out of my prescriptions, I began the phone calls to doctors offices and pharmacies to line everything up.  The good ole days of having a prescription with a chain of pharmacies that easily transferred them as needed, is gone.  I managed to get everything covered except pain management, which is disturbingly ironic in the midst of my powerful grief.  I am equally irritated and sad that not only can I not get my prescription without going to a doctor or urgent care center, everyone I talk to about it has had the element of suspicion in their voice that comes from their hyper-sensitivity to watch for drug abuse. This added layer of emotional stuff is tiring and unwelcome.  I have easily verifiable records about my protocol for all my medications.  My doctors' offices are just a phone call away.  How hard can it be?? I'm irritated with the system and the people who abused the system enough to make it so tough on the honest folks.  Urrrgghh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment