August 14, 2012

Quick update and alternative therapies, mainly Rife

For those of you interested in my current status after the hellish day in the ER, my doctor's office in Maryland called and told me to stop all of the medications I'm taking for TBDs until I get back to town and we can reassess my treatment protocol.  I'm grateful he feels comfortable taking me off the drugs but am still a little concerned about what my health will be like during this time on the road.  

I'm still feeling a bit under the weather and haven't had much appetite, so I'm still taking it easy and hydrating.  In the meantime, I'm considering trying out a RIFE machine when I return home.  According to the woman I connected with through a Virginia Lyme support group, a 10 second (or less) treatment would deliver noticeable results and likely after the first use.  The machines are pricey (I certainly can't afford one) but she has also offered to let me come to her place a couple of times a week to use hers.  Now that's a real dedication to helping people heal from Lyme.  (She had it herself, but is no longer symptomatic.)

I first learned about these machines from another person using one for their first successful experience in treating their TBD after lots of oral meds, IVs, etc.  I'm certainly curious and hopeful.  

1 comment:

  1. The RIFE machine sounds promising, if only because you can find out quickly whether it works.

    ReplyDelete