August 16, 2012

Health update from Day 5 without antibiotics, herbs, tinctures, or vitamins

I went for my ER follow up at my mom's medical facility yesterday and met a delightful doctor.  He explained that my potassium was low and liver enzymes high (not alarmingly, but I definitely need to follow up when I get home) and that my esophagus and stomach lining were very irritated from the Lyme drugs. He said if he took a peek, he'd expect to see a lot of irritation and possibly a lesion or two.  He reaffirmed my LD's advice to stop all meds immediately - 3 times!  He prescribed bland food and massive prescription antacids for the next 3 or 4 days and said that should do it (but don't start taking those drugs again no matter what!)

I haven't felt great, but my throat and stomach are gradually getting better.  The bad news is that the pain in my hands and hips has increased the last 2 days.  Plan modification time.  I stopped taking everything, including the natural, herbal and vitamin therapies, when I stopped taking the prescription drugs.  Now my plan is to re-introduce the herbs, tinctures and vitamins I was taking one at a time, with the hopes that they will do their healing mojo and at the very least, keep the infection from spreading and flaring up. 

I'm wildly curious about creating a false fever to go along with the teasel root tincture I'm taking.  I will definitely read Dr. Storl's book!  (Interestingly, he was driven to this research because he was infected with Lyme Disease and intolerant to the antibiotic therapies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment