September 14, 2012

A strange new feeling has come over me.

I actually want to start my nauseating antibiotics and anti-parasitics as soon as possible.  I was feeling pretty darn good for the first 3 weeks once I recovered from the whole experience that ended in the ER and the cessation of the drugs, but then gradually and insidiously the TBD symptoms started coming back; a recurring twitch in my lip, eye spasms (I can't really describe it any other way) seemingly little things, then suddenly - WHAM! It's back! The awful body pain, exhaustion, appetite loss, and being driven to madness with restless legs (now under control with a homeopathic called Restful Legs. See their link below.)  Every day I'm getting worse and the scales have tipped from vacation to nightmare. As much as I hate to admit it, it's time to get back to it.

The only problem is that I'm still awaiting approval for the drug to help me tolerate all drugs. It would be funny if it wasn't so...not.  I'll call the pharmacy and see if they know how it's progressing. This is a weird dance and as my partner noticed, a full time job between dealing with insurance issues, doctors, pharmacy, and treatment trips, and the days I'm just "killing bugs," as he calls it when I'm too sick to do anything else.  Strange days, indeed.

http://www.restfullegs.com/  

3 comments:

  1. And to whine just a little bit more, another symptom that is back and driving me mad is the loud pulsing tinnitus in my left ear. It's loud enough to keep me up at night and I find that during the day I have to give my ears something else to listen to or go totally bonkers. Urrrrrrrgggh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a recording of Victoria Falls for white noise. (http://whitenoisemp3s.com/victoria-falls.html) The site is run by a woman with tinnitus who started recording natural sounds (and also things like air conditioner hum) to drown it out.

      Delete
  2. Ease and efficiency and bureaucratic powers to you!

    ReplyDelete