July 17, 2013

At least I'm still laughing!

I'll start my post today with a big shout out of gratitude to my parents. I could give an endless list of reasons I'm grateful for them, but the one shining forth so brightly these days is humor. I am so happy to be able to laugh at myself and life in all it's weirdness.

So, I've been experimenting getting away from the A/C as much as possible and it does seem to make a real difference in terms of my nausea, but not the rest of the TBD symptoms. In fact, I'm having an increase in symptoms and don't know if that is the effect of the Rife machine, the heat, too much A-Bart, or something else. I've been getting outside first thing in the morning and staying on the screened porch or when I need to lie down, my friend's tent. Here's where it gets laughable.

The summer heat is finally supposed to set in for the week (it's been unseasonably cool and rainy) with a wallop of humidity. The A/C people won't be here for a few days to give us a quote and I don't know how much longer after that before we actually get the coil replaced. So what's a tick bit chick to do? Too much heat can create sheer HELL for a Lymie, as some of you have probably found out the hard way, like I did. Heat can kill off loads of bacteria and cause a mighty herx reaction. Yet, the A/C might try to drive me back to the ER and I'm definitely not into that!

Perhaps I need to take a friend up on her offer of staying at her house until we have a new coil and filter (apparently a Merv 13 is the bombdiggity, but who knew?) However, that also feels just weird. 

Now just a quick note on the Lyme stuff, the night sweats are back which is a total bummer, I'm often crazy dizzy and off balance, the fatigue is seemingly unbearable at times, I'm so tired of being tired, and the pain in my hands and lower extremities is often debilitating for long periods of time. (Another reason why my email is so backed up and I rarely go on Facebook. It hurts.)

I have canes everywhere and for all occasions and they've been getting a work out lately. I've started my symptom tracking again. I know it's important but I've been letting it slide because it's freakin' depressing to look at, day in and day out. 

I've contacted the new doctor to see if she'll take me on in the midst of my disability case and if she'll take over some of the symptom management drugs I currently get from my doctor in MD. I'd like to make the switch. We'll see what she says. Those drugs are:

cyproheptadine - an antihistamine that stimulates the appetite
ondansetron ODT - an anti-nausea drug
dexilant 60 mg - an acid reflux drug
marinol - to help with nausea and appetite stimulation (I'm still undecided if I want to use this one or not. I think for me it would be great to have for emergencies but not for every day use. It makes me wicked tired and I don't need that!)

Finally, I heard from the immunologist yesterday and so far, the blood tests point toward his theory that I'm in 3% of the population that is a "normal variant," but that we'd know for sure after the blood test to check my antibodies for pneumonia, which will happen when I see my GP next week.

Alright, peeps. I think that's all for now. If laughter is the best medicine, I should be well on my way to wholeness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment