July 24, 2013

Who's the Clever Boots?

That would be me! I feel quite proud of my ingenuity and medical experiments on myself. Although I'm doing two new things at once (addressing the air quality in my house and using the Rife machine) I'm pretty sure I can tell what impact each one is having on my health and both are positive and give me hope!

About the Indoor Environment

First, let me just say it's not easy getting A/C people to come out for an estimate in their busy season. I still don't have an appointment. I realized I wasn't going to be able to sleep in the tent during the heatwave nor in the house, so after laughing about that for awhile, I started surfing the web. Surely other people out there have figured out cheaper efficient ways of dealing with this stuff and sure enough, here's what I found out.

Air filtration was very high on the list of things that worked for people with environmental allergies. From what I could gather, one of the best types of filter is a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air.) It claims to remove particles up to .2 microns which covers dust, mold, pollen, animal dander, etc. Here's a Wikipedia link if you'd like to read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEPA

I headed out of the house and had a frustrating search, often the case in our small town. Staples didn't have the right combination of size and filtration for an affordable price so I went to Wal-Mart (which is a last resort but that's another rant.) I read all of the information on every box in both stores and was about to surrender when I noticed something. I found a Holmes aer1 unit that was the perfect size for my room and it had a "HEPA-type" filter. It bugged me that I couldn't get exactly what I wanted so I just stood there reading boxes to see if there was anything I overlooked. I glanced up at the top shelf where the filter replacements were housed and started reading those boxes. I landed on one that was a HEPA filter "aer1 ready!" Oh, joy!!! For about $30, there were 2 HEPA replacement filters in the box, each lasting one year. The aer1 unit was around $40. It has the option of ionizing the air but also clearly stated the hazards, cautions and safest way to use the ionizer.  I dashed home and plugged it in, cranked it up and went back outside to let it do it's thing. My partner rigged a way for the cats to get in and out with the door closed (so there's another Clever Boots!) I've had the unit on 24/7 for a week and boy can I tell the difference!! Dare I say this debilitating nausea may be at its end? Knock wood. I sure I hope so! Although this filter certainly isn't the long-term solution, I now know it's worth addressing the mold issues in the HVAC. It won't be a waste of money. For now, I'm confined to my room most of the time I'm indoors. Otherwise, I start to get a little nauseous and can feel the beginnings of acid reflux. It's very weird. What a relief to know this! WOOT! 

3rd Rife Session

I went to Carol's the day before yesterday for another Rife treatment. I decided to increase my time from 2 minutes to 3 1/2. My ND recommends I get up to 7 minutes a day but that will be a bit down the road. I enjoyed her company and deeply appreciate her willingness to share. It's wonderful and I can't wait to do the same for others. What a lovely thing to be able to offer people. I'm thinking of doing a super quick fundraiser for just the Rife machine and another campaign later to work on the medical costs that are putting us in the hole. I'm so ready, willing, needful, almost desperate for this machine. I feel more optimistic than I have in a very long time and as I expressed earlier, it's a bit of a drive to do twice a week, especially since I'm ultimately aiming for daily use.

So the YayBoo (that's one of our household deities we created) is that I had a wallop of a herx yesterday. I felt ridiculously intoxicated - slurred speech, wobbly gait, forgetful - had a good load of pain and oddly, the recurrence of 2 symptoms I haven't had for a long time: tinnitus in my left ear and RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) all freaking night long. UGH!! I really hate that one, but I was also really excited to see that symptom come back. It makes me think the Rife machine really got in there deep and that is majorly exciting! After hours of this agonizing bout with RLS, I finally got up at 2 a.m. and took the homeopathic remedy for RLS and a sleeping aid and managed almost 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I'm feeling pretty whacked today, but also excited. I need to drink LOTS of water and be very good to myself. 

And last note for today, I see my lovely family doctor tomorrow and she will see if I've been making antibodies to the pneumonia vaccine. I'm curious about all of that for sure. 

P.S. Unsolicited Advice: Smile at people today and notice if you make others smile and if you just feel better in general. I think it's good, fun, effective therapy and the world can always use a little more joy.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment