October 7, 2012

Today, I'm singing a new song - I love my antibiotics!

I'm 2+ weeks back into my antibiotic/anti-parasitic therapy and am amazed at how quickly some of those creepy little symptoms are receding.  Woohoo!  I am somewhat shocked by how quickly my perspective changed, but then again the anti-bug-drugs are using their super powers to apply the breaks to the roller coaster-esque feeling of barreling down hill at adrenaline-producing speeds.  It's almost exhilarating (and I can't believe I just wrote those words!)

Being the proverbial optimist, I'm a silver lining seeker and always have been.  So here's an odd thread to the silver lining.  I've recently been in touch with a long lost friend who now has Lyme and co-infections.  We've been sharing research, alternative therapies, doctor names, and any other useful (or potentially useful) information via phone and text.  We see the same doctor in Maryland and decided to make a girls' night out of our last visit.  I made back to back appointments for us and she sprung for a funky, comfy B&B in DC.  We met last Thursday evening and had a lovely dinner (I indulged in a Basil Mojito - Wow - had the aches to prove it later, but it was worth it.)  

I had a great time catching up with her.  We were able to share the nutty bits about this disease without editing or worrying about the impact on another.  What a breath of fresh air!  The evening ended as she told me the plot of a novel she's writing for my bedtime story.  It was AMAZING and I slipped off into a magical, deep sleep.

We slogged our way out of DC bright and early on Friday morning and headed up to the doctor.  It was quite surreal sitting next to her in the waiting room and comparing notes at a coffee shop after our appointments.  Such a brilliant combination of fun and duty and a lovely way to weave joy into despair and create more beauty.  Ahhhhhhh. Thanks, Karen!




1 comment:

  1. Yay! Yay for the antibiotics working and Yay for your visit with Karen

    ReplyDelete